Friday, March 4, 2011

What's in your purse?



Remember last week when I only had 3 items on my to-do list and I failed to complete them? Well I can finally check off that last item! With Chase's help, we got our dining room decorations hung up Wednesday evening. I must give a huge shoutout to my mother in law because, not only did she give me the adorable pink and purple apron hanging up, but she gave me the idea to hang it on the wall instead of stashing it away in a lonely drawer only to come out with the flour and sugar. Now the adorable apron is always on display!



See the picture above? I was going through my purse today and discovered I had 5 lists in there. Yes, 5. Sometimes I fear I'm a little crazy, but then I make a list of why I'm not crazy and it reassures me that all is okay. Three of the lists are to-do lists, all written at different times, all only about half finsihed, but none seem to have the same stuff on them. Strange. List four is a listing of our dinners I've planned for the next week, and the last was the grocery list for tomorrows long overdue trip to the store. Seriously, our fridge looks like a single guy lives here. To show you I'm not exaggerating, I've taken a picture. It somehow seems even more sad looking at it in the picture.



So what could I possibly have to do that I managed to write 3 separate to-do lists?
1. Read my gardening book to start planning my garden-I'm just really excited for spring!
2. Paint the bathroom-Our front bathroom has been primed since the beginning of December and we haven't even picked a color yet. Pathetic.
3. Finish (or start?) our wedding scrapbook-In all fairness, I have started one, I just don't know if I like it. Maybe I'll give it to my parents and make a new one for Chase and I, who knows.
4. Repot the plant that is on our mantel. This is a plant I took home last year after my uncle's funeral. Somehow I only managed to kill half of it this year so I'm thinking I should repot the other half in hopes that it survives.
5. Decorate clip boards to store lists on! I know this sounds crazy, but I really like organization and I found this adorable idea to decorate clip boards to assign a place for things like the grocery list.
6. Schedule Boulevard Brewery Tour. This is something Chase and I have wanted to do for a really long time. Who wants to join?
7. Frame wedding posters. We had these awesome movie posters made for our wedding and want to hang a few in our house, but have yet to get them framed. It's only been 5 months, what's the acceptable amount of time for this to take? I figure we haven't printed any wedding pictures yet so we should probably do that before worrying about the poster frames.
8. Print wedding pictures-Okay, this one was not actually on any of the lists but number 7 made me feel like I should add it.

Those are the things that I havent' gotten done. There were about 10 other items between the 3 lists that I had completed, so I guess I'm running at about 60%. If I were in school, this would a be a D. I guess I should either 1. Get better at completing my lists; or 2. Make shorter and easier lists. I'll probably have to go with option 2.

No comments: