Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Food Photography

When I read blogs, I'm always amazed at how good the pictures are that people take of their food. First I'm amazed at the quality of pictures taken during the process. I am incapable of doing this.
1. My hands always seem to be too messy to pick up the camera.
2. When I stop to wash my hands and take pictures, I usually end up burning the food.
3. The above concerns are assuming I'm not just too caught up in the whole process to even remember to take pictures.

Then there's the pictures people take of the food once it's ready. These people actually spend time "styling" their food and setting up the perfect photo of it. I don't know about you, but when I make something that looks delicious, I am more concerned about eating it while it's hot than taking the time for food styling.

I guess I'll just always be jealous of these pictures because, let's face it, I'm not putting off eating something I just spent hours creating just to get the perfect shot of it!

No comments: