Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Baby Shower!

Yesterday I had the honor of cohosting a baby shower for my beautiful friend C. She is having a boy! C and I were roommates in college for 2 and a half years, 6 of those months her (now) husband lived with us too. So I can say with absolute assurance that they are going to be wonderful parents, because they always took care of me! :)

The mommy-to-be!


I have had so much fun planning the shower. They are doing Winnie the Pooh in the nursery so we opted to have a red and yellow themed shower (based on Winnie and his shirt) with a few Pooh touches here and there. If you have never checked out Hostess with the Mostess, do it now. I LOVE this blog. I love planning showers and hosting parties and this blog has tons of great ideas. I can't wait until I have my own kids someday and can plan their birthday parties. But for now, I'll stick to the planning of holiday parties and baby showers.


For the shower, I made this adorable banner out of construction paper and glue dots! I was really happy with how it turned out. And it looked great hung over the mantel against our red wall. I also made the yarn balls down near the floor. I think I'll keep those there for awhile. I'm pretty sure my house was made for red and yellow baby showers. And Christmas. The red wall looks great next to our Christmas tree too.


I also made this "hunny" jar. We filled a baby bottle with sixlets candy and had people guess how many were in the bottle. I printed little yellow and red papers for people to write their guesses on and then put them in the jar. I think the jar turned out pretty cute, and it will be a cute little decoration in C's nursery.


And finally on to the food. We tried to stick with red and yellow foods for the most part. My cohost doesn't do much cooking and baking and since I love it, I offered to handle the food. I was really excited with how cute the mini cupcakes turned out. I just wish I had taken a picture close up. These are all pictures my mom took since I was a little to busy to remember to get out my camera. Don't worry, I had that part covered. One of C's good friends Laura is a professional photographer in Springfield and I lined her up to be the designated photographer for this shower! Hopefully she got some great shots. You can check out her site here, Foster Photography.


The food table

I also made treat bags filled with pretzels dipped in almond bark for guests to take home, but the only picture I got was on my phone during the making process. Here's one shot, and then I also made some with red sugar sprinkles.

1 comment:

ColCol said...

You are awesome and I loved every minute of the shower! Thank you so much for putting everything together so beautifully for me and baby button!