Thursday, October 13, 2011

What's Been Going On

It's been over a week since my last post. A few months ago, that would be right on track with my posts, but I felt like I'd been getting better at this posting thing. I guess not.

C and I have been keeping busy these past few weeks. We are training for a half marathon in November and our runs are getting longer and longer. It just takes up so much time! But it's good. We feel strong. We feel good. Or at least, that's the positive self talk we give because the running book we're reading tells us to say those things. We are runners. It's a fact.

Our first anniversary was Sunday. We thought about doing all sorts of fun things and leaving town, but when it came down to it, we opted for simplicity and relaxation. We spent a few hours on Saturday afternoon at Summerset Ridge Winery in Paola, KS. It was a nice winery. Most of the wines are semi-sweet and we have drier tastes, but we found a dry red to bring home and sipped on their Oktoberfest (semi-sweet white) while we were there. The weather was beautiful and their was live music, so I call the day a success.

I am co-hosting a baby shower for my lovely friend Colleen at my house on Saturday and I could not be more excited. It's keeping me super busy this week, but I'm really happy with how some of the details are coming together. I'll post some pics after the shower. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!

Finally, it's Thursday. Here are the things I'm loving about this particular Thursday:
1. It's beautiful outside. Okay, I'm chained to my desk but it looks beautiful through the window and my boss told me it was nice out. I'll take his word for it I guess.
2. I had leftover spaghetti for lunch. I made a huge pot of sauce last night, ate some, kept some for leftovers, and froze some. Isn't leftover spaghetti delicious?
3. Today is my Friday! I'm taking off tomorrow in preparation of the shower. This is serious stuff.
4. David Guetta's "Without You" was playing on my morning drive into work and I really like that song.
5. The St. Louis Cardinals won last night. I love my Royals, but I'm a Cards fan second, so woo hoo!

I hope your having a glorious Thursday and I promise to post something with pictures/recipes/ideas soon!

No comments: