Monday, January 16, 2012

A busy start to the New Year

When leaving work last Thursday, I was walking up a concrete staircase in the parking garage. The railing was frozen over, the steps were covered in deicer, and the whole thing had that steely gray look of winter. This is the look of despair to me. This is how I imagine District 12 in the Hunger Games.

I finished the third book at the beginning of last week. I’m quite impressed with myself that I managed to read 3 books in just over a week. If you knew what a slow reader I was, you would be impressed too. Trust me.

This year has started out quite busy. I know February and March should slow down some, but January is just packed with stuff to do. Between reading and traveling, blogging is taking a back seat this month.

It’s only Monday and I’m already looking forward to the weekend. C and I made a quick trip to St. Louis this past weekend, which meant nothing got done at our house. I’m excited for a relatively calm weekend to clean the house and finish organizing our office. I painted it over New Year’s weekend but have yet to get everything moved back in. I’m determined to not only do this in an organized fashion, but actually have less stuff in there than the room started with. Surely this can be done. My goal is for this room to be more of an office and craft room and less of a junk room.

Here’s hoping to a productive week and weekend so I can finally show you pictures of our completed office!

No comments: