Thursday, January 5, 2012

A New Year

I just finished the first book of The Hunger Games series last night. I spent the last 3 nights reading for about 3 hours a night because it was so good. Honestly, I was considering skipping the gym last night because I wanted to get home to read my book. I didn't though. I was good. I spent about 45 minutes at the gym before going home to make dinner and read. I can't wait to start the second book. Tonight perhaps?

Sorry for the week-long hiatus. 30 days of blogging ended and I needed a break. My intentions were good. My intentions were to take a few days off. To recover from Christmas, get our house back in order, and work on a house project. But then The Hunger Games entered my life. Between The Hunger Games and Pinterest, it's amazing I get anything done at all these days.

Our Christmas decorations are all still up. The tree was just so pretty this year that Chase and I don't want to take it down. I know it seems way past due, but I promise to do it this weekend. Promises on blogs must be followed through with.

Did you make any resolutions this year? I personally don't make resolutions. I just make goals for the year. Goals are measurable. They are things that can be checked off the list.

Here are some of my goals for the year:
1. Run another half marathon (Portland Rock 'N Roll Half maybe?)

2. Read 15 books (this will be a challenge for me. If only all books were as good as The Hunger Games)

3. Register to take the CPA (this is something that's been weighing heavily on me lately. I probably won't actually start taking the exam until early 2013, but I'd like to at least get registered by the end of the year.)

4. Find a church (This was one of my goals last year, which I obviously failed on. We visited a few, but didn't find anything we loved. I'd really like C and I to visit more churches this year and find a home church to attend regularly)

In addition to those goals, I have my 26 Before 27 list I'm working on as well. And I'm still tossing around some fitness goals. Will this be the year I finally get strong enough to do a pull up? We shall see!

I hope your goals or resolutions for the year are going well. We're only 5 days into the new year so you better not have abandoned them yet. That's what February is for.

No comments: