Thursday, April 28, 2011

Birthday List!

Just when I thought I was getting good at blogging, I wait almost 2 weeks to post again. Dang it! Life just keeps catching up to me and the chores around the house seem to always beat out posting on my blog. I really should reevaluate my priorities.

My birthday is in about two months and my husband has been asking what I want. I find this interesting because he's really not a planner. In fact, he's told me, "Melissa, I am not a planner. I hate planning". Plus he usually finds some reason to be out of town on my birthday, resulting in me not getting my gift from him until about 2 weeks later. I think he's trying really hard this year to make up for his horrible gift last year. You see, I had started this garden in our backyard and mentioned at some point that we needed a watering can (or a hose) so I could actually water said garden. He took that as a hint and went out and bought me a watering can. To his credit, he did buy a galvanized steel one and then spray painted a M on it to personalize it a bit. However, the watering can leaked. Badly. And since it had already been spray painted, it couldn't be returned. Then he decided to "pair" this gift with my very own full size dirt shovel. Yup. A shovel. Just like this one.



I was pretty quick to point out that it would be useful when I needed to dig a hole to bury his body in for getting me such a horrible birthday gift and making me wait 2 weeks for it. So I think he's trying to make up for all that this year and trying really hard to plan ahead a little. Although he has already brought up the possibility of him being gone on my birthday again (this would make 3 years in a row, and we've only been together those 3 years).

I've been racking my brain for a few weeks now trying to come up with ideas, but I honestly can't think of much. Here's the list I have so far:

1. Workout clothes (I always like the cute stuff that costs 5 times more than anything I'm going to just sweat in should cost, so I think it makes for a good gift)

2. Running socks (Lame, I know. But the running socks I like are $9 per pair! In fact, I got Chase 2 pair for Valentines Day. We'll call it payback for the shovel incident.)

3. Spa treatments (The last good massage I had was on our honeymoon. It'll be pretty hard to top that since it was the best massage I've ever had, but I'm willing to try.)

4. A fancy-shmancy camera. I am very unhappy with the photo quality of my point and shoot cameras and am looking for something much nicer, more professional. However, I'm not sure if we can justify the cost of this right now. For some reason, taking pictures of food to post on my blog doesn't seem like a good enough reason to spend that kind of money.

Any other suggestions you think I should add to my list?

No comments: