The start of spring. I will admit that I’m not usually a big fan of spring. Frankly, I just don’t really appreciate how unpredictable the weather is. It rains most of the time and the temperatures fluctuate like crazy. Like yesterday, it was 90 degrees here. 90 degrees! This morning on my way to work, it was 40 degrees, and the high today is only 54. What’s up with that Mother Nature? That being said, Spring was a welcome change this year after a very snowy and cold January and February. I’m so thankful I don’t have to wear my heavy coat everyday and carry around scarves and gloves everywhere I go. My purse just got about 5 lbs lighter. Plus, maybe I’ll finally have the motivation to get some stuff done that’s been on my list!
When I started January, I had 3 goals for this year.
1. Read at least 2 “classic” books. You know, stuff you would mostly read in a high school English Lit class. I didn’t really like to read in high school so taking an English Lit class faired only slightly better than taking Physics or Latin.
2. Run a 10k I realize I could finish a 10k right now, but I wouldn't be able to run the whole thing. This goal is to actually train for the 10k so I can finish it with a respectable time. At least, as respectable as a jogger with a 12 minute mile can have!
3. Find a church No, this is not a hide and seek game with churches. If it were, I would totally win because there are 2 churches at the entrance to our neighborhood! However, we are looking for a church to attend on Sunday mornings; and neither of those two churches are filling that role.
We are more than 3 months into the new year, ¼ of the way through, and here’s my progress.
1. I’m on page 42 of Little Women. Chase bought me this book for Christmas to help me achieve my goal. I read about 16 pages the first night and have only made it to page 42 in the past 3 months. Failure.
2. On a good day, I can run 2 miles. On a really good day, 2.5 miles. I’m not counting out this goal just yet though. Spring has just begun so I can finally get outside to run on a more consistent basis. I mean, who wants to distance run on a treadmill? It’s so boring! I usually last about a mile or so before I start playing with speeds and inclines every 1-2 minutes. I think I have gym ADD.
3. Chase and I have attended church twice in the past 3 months. Not a great record. And, unfortunately, neither of the two churches we attended will be the one we choose as our home church. We still have some on our list to check out, so hopefully we find somewhere we like!
How are you resolutions or goals going?