Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving week

A lot of my friends have been doing their 30 days of Thankfulness posts on facebook. Frankly, I never got around to starting this on day 1, or 2, and now we're at day 21 so I probably am a little too late to "start". But since it's Thanksgiving week, here are some of the things I'm thankful for this year (not necessarily in any particular order):

1. My husband, C, just for being him. Even when it drives me crazy.
2. My family, for always being there
3. My in-laws, for all the help they've given us around the house this year
4. Having a house and bed to keep me warm at night
5. My job, in a time when so many are without, it's nice having a job that I don't mind getting up for in the morning
6. Our friends, both near and far
7. That today is November 21st and I made it through November 20th roughly unscathed. (more on that later)
8. For the safe travels we've been blessed with this year and hopefully more safe travels to come
9. Coffee on Monday mornings
10. My health
11. My faithful blog followers! Thank you for reading, even when it's not interesting, or funny, or entertaining.
12. Having food on the table each night, and not knowing what it means to be hungry.
13. Wine, because sometimes it's just really nice to sit down with a glass of wine and my favorite tv show, book, computer, etc. and unwind.
14. My nephew, because he brings me more joy than he could ever know.

Those are a few of the things I'm thankful for this year. I know there are more, but it's Monday and I might still need more coffee. I hope you all have time to reflect on the things you are thankful for this Thanksgiving.

No comments: