Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday!

Who is excited for Monday? This girl! I have nothing in particular to be excited about today (except it is the 3-year anniversary of my first date with Chase-that's exciting). I'm just feeling really good today. Maybe it's because I went to sleep at 9:00 last night. Whoa that was early, but much needed. Maybe I'm excited for the new couch Chase and I bought yesterday. He was a real champ in helping pick it out (fabric and all!). That excitement is a little overshadowed by the 6-8 week waiting period though.

I think I'm just excited about all the productivity in my life this past week.

I'm happy to report that I accomplished ALL the things on my to-do list Thursday night and then some! It probably helped that Chase was out with a friend that night so I had the house to myself to focus on my little projects. He'll be gone a couple nights this week for work stuff so let's hope I can be just as productive! Chase was even really productive this weekend while I was out with some friends. He hung some shelves (which was no easy feat given the type of shelf and the measuring involved), did laundry, fixed my Chi (thank you!!!) and ironed his clothes. It was a big week for both of us really.

Remember a few weeks ago I said I was going to start working through those recipes in my cabinet? Well, I haven't done a very good job. It turns out that August was (and still is) a busy month. I've made one or two meals that were inspired by the recipes sitting in my cabinet, that counts right? Either way, I vow that I will start this by September at the latest. Who knows, maybe I'll start next week. But it definitely won't be this week. With Chase's work schedule this week, dinners will be pretty minimal in our house. Except tonight. Tonight we're having burritos!

Also, if I'm lucky, I'll maybe have another post from Chase about the Emmy's before the week is up. Hopefully it'll be shorter than the last one.

No comments: