Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wheat pasta with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes



Chase was out of town part of last week, which meant dinner for one. That evening I decided to make one of the recipes that's been sitting around in my recipe cabinet, with some modifications. It was super easy and really tasty. I love pasta, but we try not to eat it too often because I will undoubtedly eat more than 1 serving and be miserable most of the night. Since I was cooking for 1 that night, I was careful only to cook just enough for 1 bowl, but it still proved to be too filling.




Whole Wheat Pasta with Fresh Mozzarella and Tomatoes

Ingredients:

Tomatoes (I used 1 large beefsteak tomato but I think Roma tomatoes would be good too)

Fresh mozzarella-about 1-2 ounces

1 Tbsp fresh chopped basil

1/4 cup tomato sauce

1 Tbsp of oil olive

Minced garlic or garlic powder (use as much as you prefer. I LOVE garlic so I used more than most probably would)


1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and toss with the olive oil.


2. Chop the tomatoes into bit size pieces. In a small sauce pan, heat the tomato sauce and tomatoes until simmering. Add the basil and garlic and continue simmering about 2-3 minutes to let the flavors blend.





3. Toss the pasta with the sauce and add the fresh mozzarella. Give it one more stir to mix in the mozzarella and enjoy! As you can see above, I had mine with a beer that night, but I think red wine would be a better option. I just didn't feel like opening a bottle since I didn't have anyone to share it with.






No comments: