Directing for a Drama Series
- Martin Scorsese, “Boardwalk Empire”
- Jeremy Podeswa, “Boardwalk Empire”
- Neil Jordan, “The Borgias”
- Tim Van Patten, “Game of Thrones”
- Patty Jenkins, “The Killing”
My Vote: I think either Martin Scorsese or Tim Van Patten will get this.
Directing for a Comedy Series
- Pamela Fryman, “How I Met Your Mother”
- Michael Alan Spiller, “Modern Family”
- Gail Mancusco, “Modern Family”
- Steven Levitan, “Modern Family”
- Beth McCarthy, “30 Rock”
My Vote: The nominated How I Met Your Mother is “Subway Wars”. This episode already won Picture Editing for a Comedy Series and I think the director had a lot to do with it. Point goes to HIMYM.
Directing for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Dramatic Special
- Olivier Assayas, “Carlos”
- Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini, “Cinema Verite”
- Brian Percival, “Downton Abbey (Masterpiece)”
- Todd Haynes, “Mildred Pierce”
- Curtis Hanson, “Too Big to Fail”
My Vote: I believe Mildred Pierce will win hands down.
Directing for a Variety, Music, or Comedy Series
- Gregg Gelfand, “American Idol”
- James Hoskinson, “The Colbert Report”
- Chuck O’Neil, “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart”
- Jerry Foley, “Late Show With David Letterman”
- Don Roy King, “Saturday Night Live”
My Vote: Um…The Colbert Report?