Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Emmy Post 5

Today’s post is Directors.

Directing for a Drama Series
Nominees:
  • Martin Scorsese, “Boardwalk Empire”
  • Jeremy Podeswa, “Boardwalk Empire”
  • Neil Jordan, “The Borgias”
  • Tim Van Patten, “Game of Thrones”
  • Patty Jenkins, “The Killing”

My Vote: I think either Martin Scorsese or Tim Van Patten will get this.

Directing for a Comedy Series
Nominees:
  • Pamela Fryman, “How I Met Your Mother”
  • Michael Alan Spiller, “Modern Family”
  • Gail Mancusco, “Modern Family”
  • Steven Levitan, “Modern Family”
  • Beth McCarthy, “30 Rock”

My Vote: The nominated How I Met Your Mother is “Subway Wars”. This episode already won Picture Editing for a Comedy Series and I think the director had a lot to do with it. Point goes to HIMYM.

Directing for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Dramatic Special
Nominees:
  • Olivier Assayas, “Carlos”
  • Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini, “Cinema Verite”
  • Brian Percival, “Downton Abbey (Masterpiece)”
  • Todd Haynes, “Mildred Pierce”
  • Curtis Hanson, “Too Big to Fail”

My Vote: I believe Mildred Pierce will win hands down.

Directing for a Variety, Music, or Comedy Series
Nominees:
  • Gregg Gelfand, “American Idol”
  • James Hoskinson, “The Colbert Report”
  • Chuck O’Neil, “The Daily Show With Jon Stewart”
  • Jerry Foley, “Late Show With David Letterman”
  • Don Roy King, “Saturday Night Live”

My Vote: Um…The Colbert Report?

No comments: