Today’s post is for Lead Acting Performances.
Lead Performance in a Drama Series – Actor
- Steve Buscemi as Enoch “Nucky” Thompson on “Boardwalk Empire”
- Kyle Chandler as Eric Taylor on “Friday Night Lights”
- Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan on “Dexter”
- Jon Hamm as Don Draper on “Mad Men”
- Hugh Laurie as Gregory House on “House”
- Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens on “Justified”
My Vote: I think Steve Buscemi is going to be winning this one.
Lead Performance in a Drama Series – Actress
- Kathy Bates as Harriet “Harry” Korn on “Harry’s Law”
- Connie Britton as Tami Taylor on “Friday Night Lights”
- Mireille Enos as Sarah Linden on “The Killing”
- Mariska Hargitay as Olivia Benson on “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”
- Julianna Margulies as Alicia Florrick on “The Good Wife”
- Elisabeth Moss as Peggy Olson on “Mad Men”
My Vote: Elisabeth Moss. However, since this is Melissa’s blog an honorable mention goes to Mariska Hargitay for SVU.
Lead Performance in a Comedy Series – Actor
- Alec Baldwin as Jack Donaghy on “30 Rock”
- Steve Carell as Michael Scott on “The Office”
- Louis C.K. as Louie on “Louie”
- Johnny Galecki as Leonard Hofstadter on “The Big Bang Theory”
- Matt LeBlanc as himself on “Episodes”
- Jim Parsons as Sheldon Cooper on “The Big Bang Theory”
My Vote: I think that Steve Carell will get this as a farewell award. My personal pick would be Jim Parsons just for the fact of getting to see his character dance.
Lead Performance in a Comedy Series – Actress
- Edie Falco as Jackie Peyton on “Nurse Jackie”
- Tina Fey as Liz Lemon on “30 Rock”
- Laura Linney as Catherine “Cathy” Jamison on “The Big C”
- Melissa McCarthy as Molly Flynn on “Mike & Molly”
- Martha Plimpton as Virginia Chance on “Raising Hope”
- Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope on “Parks and Recreation”
My Vote: Amy Poehler. Amy Poehler. Amy Poehler. This was a fantastic episode for her being able to play two different, hilarious sides of her character.
Lead Performance in a Miniseries or Movie – Actor
- Idris Elba as John Luther in “Luther”
- Laurence Fishburne as Thurgood Marshall in “Thurgood”
- William Hurt as Henry Paulson in “Too Big to Fail”
- Greg Kinnear as John F. Kennedy in “The Kennedys”
- Barry Pepper as Robert F. Kennedy in “The Kennedys”
- Edgar Ramirez as Carlos the Jackal in “Carlos”
My Vote: Some time ago I saw a stage performance of Laurence Fishburne doing Thurgood and really enjoyed it. My pick is Thurgood.
Lead Performance in a Miniseries or Movie – Actress
- Taraji P. Henson as Tiffany Rubin in “Taken from Me: The Tiffany Rubin Story”
- Diane Lane as Pat Loud in “Cinema Verite”
- Elizabeth McGovern as Cora Crawley in “Downton Abbey”
- Jean Marsh as Rose Buck in “Upstairs Downstairs”
- Kate Winslet as Mildred Pierce in “Mildred Pierce”
My Vote: Kate Winslet will definitely win this. Mildred Pierce has been seen in almost every category possible.