Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Miniature Plum Pies

To be honest, I feel like I kind of rocked the domestication quality this week. Although there is a load of laundry yet to be done, and another load that’s been sitting in the dryer for 2 days, my kitchen skills took quite the leap this week. I made dessert. Sans recipe. And it was delicious.

Okay, so I fully realize that I’m not breaking any ground here with this recipe. However, I don’t know if I have EVER looked at my pantry and put together something tasty enough that I would actually share it with people. I think this is the start of something great. Maybe I’ve finally read enough recipes to start coming up with some ideas on my own. Is it possible?

Here are a few reasons I fell in love with this recipe this week:
1. It makes perfect single servings, which means we don’t have sweets and desserts tempting us all week.
2. It feels a little healthy-yup, there’s sugar and butter, but I think the fruit counts for something, right?
3. It reminded me of warm apple cobbler or apple crisp, which is really the only way I like to eat apples. Hmm...maybe I’ll do this with apples next week.
4. I was able to use the cinnamon honey butter on something other than toast!
5. It was delicious. Who needs more reasons?

Miniature Plum “Pies”


serves 2



2 Ripe plums
1/2-3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp Cinnamon Honey Butter
1/8 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp Honey

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Melt the cinnamon honey butter in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter
4. Divide the graham cracker crumbs into 2 ramekins and pack firmly to make a bottom crust.
5. Wash and slice the plums
6. Toss the sliced plums in a bowl with the brown sugar and honey and mix everything together
7. Divide the plums between the 2 ramekinsBake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes

No comments: