Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The 4th Day of Christmas

C's father described it best yesterday, we feel like we're in the movie Groundhog Day, but Christmas style. After spending 2 days celebrating the holiday with my family, we spent all day yesterday celebrating with his family. When leaving last night, hugs goodbye were exchanged with thank you's and "see you tomorrow night". Because we would in fact be seeing them tonight for yet a 4th holiday celebration. Tonight was our final Christmas celebration with some of C's family friends. We do this gathering every year; this was the 4th year I've attended. Each year is a little different, but it's always a great time. This year we ate spaghetti (or noodles with Chili as one person believed it to be), had some freshly popped popcorn, and played catchphrase. All in all, it was a great night. I just might be a little tired at work tomorrow. Nothing a little extra coffee can't cure.

C is off work all week so I've given him a small "honey do" list. Today he went grocery shopping for me and to the bank. Tomorrow he'll be cleaning the kitchen and hopefully doing some small repairs around the house. I'm debating getting a huge jump start on painting our office this coming weekend, but since it's only Tuesday, we'll have to see how I feel by Saturday/Sunday. Also on the list this week is to sit down and make some budget goals for next year. Budgets are adult things. We're adults. I think it's time to make this happen.

Have you started thinking about your goals or resolutions for 2012?

No comments: