Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Merry Christmas Eve! I hope you are enjoying spending some time with your families during this Christmas weekend. It seems every family has their own traditions for Christmas. I know a lot of families that always get new pajamas on Christmas Eve and wear them while opening presents Christmas morning. Our family traditions include eating my mothers delicious potato soup on Christmas eve and then opening all our presents. We go to a midnight candlelight service at our church that night.

Christmas morning is usually spent opening stocking gifts and gorging ourselves with candy and other Christmas treats. Even the traditions we know now weren't always how things were. I know when my sister and I were very young, our traditions included Christmas at my grandparents, complete with a visit from Santa Claus and a ham for Christmas dinner (we always ate ham at Grandma's). Frankly, I was just glad Santa knew we were traveling and not at our own house!

Our Christmas traditions are changing slightly now that we have my nephew around, and I'm sure C and I will develop our own traditions once we have kids. But for now, I'm still enjoying the traditions we grew up with while they're still around. What traditions are you enjoying this season?

And just because every post needs a picture, here's one of my nephew. He really wanted us to ship him to the north pole.

No comments: