Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday task: Cleaning the stove top

There's a link floating around pinterest on how to clean your stovetop. In case you didn't already know this, baking soda is like a superfood of the cleaning world. It, combined with water or vinegar can clean almost anything. The pinterest post assured me that this would make my stovetop like new so I wanted to give it a try. The results were mixed.

For the overall grease and cooked on stains (I don't know what to call them) it worked very well. However, we had a little mishap with the tag on one of our pot holders melting onto the bottom of our skillet and then using said skillet to cook with. It resulted in burnt paper stuck to our cooktop. It's been stuck there for a few months and I've been avoiding using that burner every since in hopes I would find a way to get it off. The baking soda method got some of it off, but not all of it. Then I remembered that we had a ceramic stove cleaning kit under our sink that we bought ages ago and had never used. It came with a blade for scrapping and worked wonders! I know most people are afraid of scratching their glass stove by using a blade, but as long as the blade is flat and you don't use the corner of it, you shouldn't have a problem.

Check out my super clean stove top!



Here's the cleaning kit we bought. I would recommend it, but my opinion is currently based solely on this one use.



In other news, C finally got our wedding pictures hung up in our bedroom. We've only been married 14 months. That's an appropriate length of time to take to hang something, right?

No comments: