Thursday, December 22, 2011

Champagne Thursday!

Have you seen the movie Failure to Launch? Yes? Okay, good. No? What? Are you crazy? Stop reading and go add it to your Netflix queue. Now. I'll wait...

Did you add it? Good. Bradley Cooper's presence in the movie should be reason enough. But if it's not, it also has Zooey Deschanel. Who is amazing. She plays Sarah Jessica Parker's roommate and one of the few things from this movie that pops in my head frequently was their ritual of Champagne Thursday. Some weeks, Thursdays came twice.

I had my year end review today and it went pretty well. Plus, my 4-day weekend starts tomorrow. Is there a better reason to have Champagne Thursday? Well, probably yes. But those reasons are good enough for me.

Champagne is a great drink and not just for celebrations. It can be mixed with lots of different liquors, liqueurs, juices, etc. to make a great bubbly drink. Check out these recipes for some great ideas for champagne cocktails. These would be great for Christmas and New Years celebrations as well. (Wow, re-reading this, that's a lot of uses of the word "great". Maybe I should ask for a thesaurus for Christmas)

Champagne and Chambord- I've found this "recipe" in multiple locations and personally loved the idea because C and I actually visited Chateau Chambord during our visit to France this summer. According to the legend (as listed on Chambord liqueur), the liqueur was inspired by a liqueur that King Louis XIV had during his visit to Chateau Chambord. They even sold Chambord in the chateau gift shop, which we found amusing.

Chateau Chambord



Chambord Liqueur


Champagne and Chambord
4 oz champagne
1/2 oz Chambord black raspberry liqueur

Pour champagne and Chambord in a champagne flute. Garnish with fresh raspberries.



Our friend R made a great champagne cocktail at our cooking club event a few weekends ago as well. I didn't get a picture but here's the recipe.

Christmas Cocktail
makes 2-3 drinks

1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup champagne
1/2 cup cranberry juice
limes for garnish

Mix vodka, champagne, and cranberry juice and pour into glasses. Garnish with lime.



For more ideas, I also found this link. I think I'll have to buy some triple sec so I can try the champagne margarita!

No comments: