Monday, December 19, 2011

Cinnamon glazed pecans




A few weeks ago we had a holiday "bizarre" at work where a bunch of local companies and sales consultants came in so employees could do some holiday shopping during their lunch break. I've yet to decide if this is a "benefit" or my company's way of telling me that they plan on working me too hard to get any other shopping done. Either way, I walked by a table of baked goods, tried a cinnamon glazed pecan, and fell in love. This was the one and only thing I bought that day and couldn't wait to get home and share these with C. Of course we devoured the bag within a few days. And it took real constraint to make them last a few days.

These are so simple and yet so incredibly delicious. I opted to make these with only pecans, but we did have a friend make a mixed nut version of this for a holiday party a few weeks ago and it was good too. I'm thinking pretzels might be pretty good!

Cinnamon-Glazed Pecans
from cooks.com

Ingredients:
1 lb pecan halves
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I actually used a lot more than this. Probably about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons.)

Directions:
1. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat in water. Add pecans and stir well to coat. Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl, then pour over the nuts and mix well.

2. Spread in one layer on a foil-covered cookie sheet. (These will stick a lot so the foil is highly recommended to ease your clean-up process.) Bake 30 minutes in a 300 degree oven. Cool completely before removing from foil. Store in an airtight container.

*Tip-I found the easiest way to remove these from the foil was to just use a spatula to scrape them up and break them apart a little at a time. I did this after they cooled about 20 minutes and then allowed them to cool about 20 more minutes before storing them.

No comments: