Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday tasks

It snowed this morning. The first snow of the season. Luckily I had new boots and coffee to get me through the morning. I don't like the winter. I like my boots. I like my sweaters. I like coats with cute hats and scarves. But I don't like winter. New boots with super skinny jeans help make winter easier. Fact.

Working through to-do lists also help make winter easier. This weekend C cleaned the gutters and sanded our door down so it shut properly (a side effect of the pipe repair process we went through in August). He came pretty close to hanging our wedding pictures, meaning there is now a hammer and level sitting next to our bed. Chances are high the pictures will be hung by next Tuesday.

Tonight was about completing a small task. I cleaned my curling iron. I've had this particular curling iron since high school. I'm sure I've cleaned it once or twice before, but not for an extremely long time. It's gross, I know. Up until now I hadn't been using it much lately, but then I watched this video, and now I want to curl my hair ALL THE TIME! Yes, I had to watch a video. I'm terrible at things like doing my hair. Seriously, it's pretty much always straight...until now!

The first time I curled my hair after watching the video


If your curling iron is starting to get some hairspray buildup, or if it's had it for quite awhile now, clean it. It'll make you feel like you're doing something good for your hair. I cleaned mine with some rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab. Then I wiped it down with a wet washcloth. I recommend this method. It was a simple, small task, but I feel better having completed it.

Before I cleaned it


After I cleaned it